Wednesday 16 July 2014

SabX2 - Pratunam Wanton Noodles, Bangkok

Guess many are familiar with this famous wanton noodles in Bangkok, especially those who frequent pratunam area. I never once noticed this shop though I have been to this area to shop countless of times before, until one of my friends told me that it is a must try! So I went over to this place in one of my trip a few years back and ever since then, every time I'm in bkk I will definitely stop by this place for fuel before heading over to the shopping heaven, Platinum Fashion Mall! I normally re-visit this place 2-3 times throughout my trip, especially when it's so near to my hotel and my favorite shopping place.


This is how the shop front looks like and it's very difficult to miss as you can smell the aroma of their braised pork which is being cooked right outside the store. If you're there in the afternoon, then you'll be able to see a long queue outside (mostly Singaporeans/Malaysians), definitely easy to spot! It is air-conditioned inside the store (super plus point!) and staffs are very friendly. They do not have a physical menu because they only have a few items but not to worry, the staffs there can speak in english and mandarin too! That made ordering the food way much easier.



They serve both dry and soup wanton noodles and I prefer the dry one as opposed to the soup one as the taste is not as rich and I find it quite oily for a soup base. The noodles also come in big and small one and I would definitely order 2 big bowls at one go as the portion are pretty small and you can definitely finish one bowl in 2 scoops. I fell in love with the noodles after my first try here! It may look simple but the taste is so wonderful and the noodles are so bouncy (QQ). They also add in fried pork lard which added fragrance and texture to every mouthful of noodle but not making it overly oily. There are also condiments at the side of each table which you can add in to increase the flavour of your noodles as per your liking.



Another famous item that many people come for is this braised pork trotters dish! You can order this together with rice or you can simply just order the meat alone to go with your noodles. You can also add in pork intestines and bean curds if you are a lover for those. This dish is superb and I am totally addicted to it, no kid! The meat is so soft and soaked in the tasty sauce that it just melts in your mouth. Be ready to get up early for this amazing dish as it is normally sold out by 2pm!!


At SabX2, they serve this homemade iced chrysanthemum tea which I will always order 1 to go with my food and another 1 on the go. This is the best drink for the super hot and humid weather of thailand as chrysanthemum is known as a natural coolant and helps in lowering body temperature!


Hence, if you're tired after rounds of shopping at Platinum Fashion Mall or is staying around the area, do give this stall a visit and try out their delicious dishes! The hop is just 5 mins walk from Platinum Fashion Mall, right across the overhead bridge. Do be prepared to queue as it is usually very crowded right from the moment they open!


SabX2 Pratunam Wanton Noodles
4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19, Pratunam Bangkok, Thailand
Tel +66 2 653 9618
Opening Hours: 9am - 4pm Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment